Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Weight Watcher's and I agree on one thing...

Today I weighed myself and I weigh 141.

I lost 5 lbs over the past month.

Not great, but I'll take it.

I didn't exercise, which could have helped.

And I really hurt things with the eating during the Lice week.

But I'm happy with where I am and am moving forward.

I went for a run tonight.
Full moon, so pretty and so SCARY! NOT!

I don't like running in the morning because

1.) I really do hate getting out of bed unless I HAVE to.

2.) There is something about running at night and I can't see exactly how far or where I need to go that lets my mind shut off the feeling that I have forever to go. I started night running in Nashville and loved it. I have totally gotten away from it because Jordan hates it. But I take my phone. I have a mean right kick and can scream with the best of 'em. I should probably start carrying my mace though, just in case...

So this is where Weight Watchers and I agree.

Did you know that they don't suggest/advocate that you start exercising when you start their program?

Why one might ask?

Let's say I'm back to my heavy weight of around 175. Let's add 40lbs to that.

That's like carrying my 5 year old son Jace as I run.
DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS!!!!?????

Tonight my run felt amazing. I felt strong and light. I remember what it was like to run carrying my son around on my butt and thighs. It hurt and was not fun.

Exercise becomes more fun when you can actually move, eh?

So I agree with Weight Watchers. Don't kill yourself over getting to the gym to burn those 500 calories.

Get your eating under control. Go for walks. Play with your kids. There are LOTS of ways to be "active" without having to do a Cross-fit routine or  high impact aerobics, that are really just putting tons of stress on your overweight, often undernourished body.

Tonight I made a gluten free pizza with Alta Denta Cheddar style goat cheese, organice tomato sauce, mushrooms, orange bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, and tomato. Do you know how absolutely delicious it was? Amazing. Not goat-y at all and tasted so good compared to that other crust I tried.

This is the pizza crust mix. You'll find it in the organics section. Ask if you can't find it. Almost every grocery store should carry this.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this pizza!


I made sure to start with a salad. Simple and good. Nothing fancy. That was saved for the pizza.

Dressing was super simple and good, lemon juice and powdered stevia!
I did really good today.

I juiced and it was D-E-LICIOUS!

I had probably a 1 1/2 lbs of strawberries, 2 bananas, my favorite avocado lunch sandwich and some rainier cherries.

Really a great day. So happy with how I did!

BTW this is a typical day of food for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment