Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 2-It's been a doozy folks!

Day 2-It's been a doozy folks!

Seriously, what is it with my children constantly hurting themselves!
Kenzie and Sean both had some good wrecks, ah ya ya!

First, I have to thank everyone for their support and love! I appreciate it all so much. Part of why I wanted to be so vocal and out there with this, is that I know I am not the only one who was exercising with no results, "thinking" I was eating healthy, and being happy with the interim success, which was really NO success.

You must understand the following things about me as we continue on the journey of healing and cleansing.

1.) I love food! I love Food Network, I can be a bit snobbish about food, and am a "foodie". Thus anything posted on here will be delicious and satisfying.

2.) I exercise for fun, when I want to. No longer do I beat myself up for not working out. I have lost almost all this weight, with exercising three days or less. STOP killing yourself at the gym. All gym rats will say, "well, you know eating is about 80% of how you look and the other 20% is exercise" UMMMMM food takes a pretty big percentage wouldn't you say? So, usually fat people are fat, not because they don't have the heart to shake it at Zumba like the thinner girl next to her, it's cause she goes home and either does not combine her food right or is eating WAY too much processed "health" food. I know cause that's exactly what I did!

3.) Word of Wisdom. It is what started all this. How often are you eating meat? Reallly? When I started to add everything up, I was having meat for two meals a day.  I did not feel like that was sparingly. Why would God, give this to a people who were mainly hunter's and gatherer's and say eat meat sparingly? Just a thought question. I'm off my soap box. I believe so whole heartily in this lifestyle because it follows ridiculously close with the Word of Wisdom!

WHERE DO I START?
Ok, so I've had a few people want to know what I do every day, or at least try my best!

Upon rising, I drink warm water with half a lemon squeezed in. About 30 minutes or more later, depending on my hunger level, I have a big glass of pro-biotic water. You can use just about any kind. I'm using one that is great but I'd like to get one that is vegan, no soy and no milk! Pro-biotics are important for keeping your guts healthy! Yogurt really is not that great for you, so this is a great non-diary way to get your pro-biotics.




NOW onto my juice. The following link describes perfectly why I juice instead of doing a green smoothie-still a great option! Start with smoothies IF you have a high enough powered blender. I don't and didn't really have it in the budget to get a vitamix, ah someday! :)

http://www.choosingraw.com/question-of-the-week-to-blend-or-to-juice/

Some will say well, where do you get your calcium?
         I get more than my days requirement for calcium from my morning juice.

What about protein?
         Your body is a living organism. It needs food that is alive to function right? Well if all you're feeding it is dead meat, cooked, dead processed "health" food, what are you giving your body to function? Your body has to break down that meat to make it into enzymes it can assimilate. That is why fruit and vegetable proteins are easily assimilated and our bodies are able to quickly use the enzymes.

Our bodies need enzymes, only found in living food. Your body builds protein from enzymes. So the more living food you put in your body it is able to connect these different enzymes to form protein molecules, amazing right? Think about a gorilla. One of the strongest animals on the earth, and it doesn't eat any meat, or eggs, or dumb tourists, oh wait maybe a few of those, but none of the other. We don't need meat to be lean and strong and have energy!


Ok, so I juice 2 kale sticks, a handful of cilantro or parsley or both, a whole celery or romaine, an apple, a lemon, a beet, and half a cucumber. Sometimes I'll have a few carrots or use spinach instead of kale. Really, it's whatever I'm in the mood for. 

But I NEVER go without my beet. I didn't realize I had "pooing" issues till I started this and realized how backed up I was and how much waste was in me! From the moment you have beet juice, you'll have a substantial poo within 24 hrs! It's amazing!

So, after my juice I eat as much fruit as I like, making sure to eat any bananas last as they are the slowest fruit to digest. An easy mantra with fruit is "EAT IT ALONE, OR LEAVE IT ALONE." Fruit is fast digesting so you don't want to eat it at the end of meal. Think of pineapple sitting in 98 degree weather for 24 to 48 hours, stinky and nasty...the faster our food leaves our bodies the better!

For lunch I'll have a salad, or an avocado and tomato sandwich on sprouted bread, etc etc. I give more lunch recipes later.

Then I allow myself more fruit or veggies until dinner.

At dinner time I try to have a salad First, always first, to help pull all my food through my gut. Then I'll make fish, or quinoa, or something "healthy". I'm getting lots of recipes on this cleanse so it'll help my nights!

LASTLY! I will have some dark chocolate or a shake or something small that's sweet but natural. 


Tonight's meal was yummy! 

I started gnawing on carrots sticks about 4:00pm. 


Then made the Zucchini Humus and dipped those bad boys in that! SO GOOD!



Then I made My Big Fat Greek Salad. Sooo good!



Then I had the Quinoa Rissoto! I think I added too much sage :( It was strong! But the nutritional yeast adds so much to it! YUM!

Mushroom & Spinach Quinoa “Risotto” from detoxinista.com


 


















Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil (or coconut oil)
1 cup diced onion
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup white wine ( I did not use, although you could use cooking wine, up to you)
1 tsp. dried sage
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 lb fresh spinach, chopped
nutritional yeast, to taste
salt, to taste
Directions:
Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet, and add the chopped mushrooms and onions:
Saute over high heat until tender. then stir in the wine, sage and thyme.
Let the wine cook down until it’s totally absorbed, then add in the quinoa and veggie broth.

Reduce the heat to low, and cover for 20-25 minutes, or until the quinoa is translucent and tender. You may need to add a bit more water at this point, depending on how moist you’d like your risotto. I ended up adding about a 1/2 cup more water after checking on the dish– a 1/4 cup at a time, until it was absorbed.
Season with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste.

Once the risotto is seasoned to your liking, it’s time to add in the fresh spinach!
The spinach should wilt quickly while stirring it into the hot pan.
Serve immediately and enjoy!




And lastly, I have had some bad detox symptoms tonight. As soon as I finished dinner I felt terrible. Not like a I ate too much terrible, more like my mind and body. But as Ginger says it's a good sign. This first week is going to bring a lot out of my body that needs to get flushed. I know all about that from my juice fasts! Get it out of me!

That's another thing. I talk about poo and I talk about it a lot! It says a lot about how healthy you are. If you are pooing 2 to 3 times  day that is REALLY good, more is better. And you want it the consistency of say, horse poop! :) YUCK, I know but you want it soft.

Alright well I hope tomorrow I feel a little more energy! And I'll share some more goodies tomorrow!

And check your local library and see if they have any of Natalia Rose's books or Kimberly Snyder, both great! There are lots out there but those are easy reads and they explain a lot of the nitty gritty!

Good night! XOXOXO

Nat








No comments:

Post a Comment