Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 16- Detox or just tired?

Day 16

I had the WORST headache today. Was it because I had a 1 yr child that decided to wake up at 2 am and not go back to bed till 4am, followed by a 3 yr old crawling into my bed, and relentlessly kicking me throughout the night? Or was it detoxing. I'm not sure, but I know I was so tired today, grumpy and had a bad headache, that I was not a very nice person today. My apologies to my entire family.

I went out with the kids tonight with Jordan's dad, brother, wife, and kids. It was fun to hang out and go to the lake. We haven't done that in a long time.


So before we left I made sure to eat. We were going to go to Noodle Express and just by chance I didn't want to "chance" eating another bad meal in the last 5 days! So I made Jordan and my favorite salad.

It's from Natalia Rose's book Detox for Women
BTW, you must buy some sparkling water, fill a glass with ice, pour in some of that water, squeeze in some lime or lemon juice, and add stevia...WOW, all I've got to say is WOW. SO yummy and so simple. My niece Ella LOVED IT, and requested her own glassful. Haha! Love it!

It's her, I think, everyday avocado salad.

Chop one head of romaine
an avocado
tomato
a garlic minced
half a lemon juiced onto the salad
as much onion as you like sliced very thin
and a packet of powdered stevia

YUMMY YUMMY!

Then I made my new favorite sushi! It's from detoxinista, but instead of the jicama rice I use millet and really like it. It's so easy and really yummy!

TRY IT!!!!

 http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/spicy-tuna-sushi-dinner/


So filling and so satisfying.

And just so y'all know...NOTHING at Noodle Express was Cleanse friendly, NOTHING. Again, going out to eat is not really ever a healthy option. So I ate nothing. I warned Jordan's dad before hand that I was on a cleanse and probably wouldn't eat anything but might depending on the menu. I said to him don't feel weird if I'm not eating, I'm totally use to people eating around me and I'm not.

It's taken me, um 10 months to get to that point. NEVER EVER before could someone be eating something, anything, and me not at least "pick" at it. Not any more.

My sister Christy, who is wanting to start eating like this, and has been basically eating everything the same since Sunday as me, said tonight her and my mom went to Red Lobster. She told me that she felt so yucky after eating what she thought would "taste" so good, but didn't after she ate it. She said, "I feel so yucky." I have felt so good while eating what you've been making.

Yes sister, I know, oh do I KNOW!!!!

That is why I don't fall of the wagon for long if I do or if I mess up. I feel terrible, physically, from what I've eaten. And then my mental self talk comes in and I get so mad at myself for not doing what I know I should have. I'm working on that one and not hating myself for making a mistake :)

The food I once upon a time found so delicious and irresistible, no longer tastes as good. I am trying to figure that one out. It has become very strange to me. Seriously, things don't taste the same anymore. What I remember loving before, I am really not crazy about any more. Except for maybe Pizza Pie Cafe's Buffalo Chicken Pizza, OH MY GOSH, that is really good. But that's like a once every 3 month gig for me, and my bootie thanks me too.

xoxo Tomorrow's a new day, hopefully without a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment