Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 26-Recovering

Day 26

Is it possible to recover from one of the longest days I've had as a mother...I hope so?!

Today was better.

My children are still lice free.

I found 4 or 5 eggs on Sean's head and maybe a newbie louse on Kenzie's head and nothing on Jace.

My sister inspected me today and I am happy to say I had no eggs and NO LICE! YES! So happy. I wish I could say the same for the other's in the house.

It has been a full-on assault against these things!

They don't JUMP, thankfully, but they are fast and will crawl from hair strand to another without you even seeing them, especially if the hair is a certain color. So if you are sitting next to or sleeping next to someone who has lice they can quickly and easily go from one hair follicle to the other.

There are marvelous new inventions, as my mom put it, since the day she had to scrub and delouse a family of 7.

Yes there are, and since we've had 9 people living in this house the past 2 weeks, it's been a really busy 48 hours.

There is a non toxic spray my amazing friend Sara told me about. I was planning on seeing her the day after we discovered the bugs, and quickly texted her the news as we found out what has been living with us in the house.

She had the wonderful opportunity to delouse her family of 7 in June, with a newborn baby to boot!

I would highly recommend the robi comb and Licefree Spray. Look for them at your local Walgreen's if you ever have an outbreak.

I have eaten better but I didn't juice today and had fruit and berries till lunch.

I then had my favorite lunch!
Sprouted bread with mustard, avocado, tomato, and S&P...ohhhhh sooooo yummy and fast!

Couple hours later I devoured a banana..it's been a long time my old yellow friend, a long time. He was delicious and savoured.


So I'm obviously not following the guidelines of the cleanse right now.

Hopefully, tomorrow I can get back on track.



1 comment:

  1. Try some homemade hummus on your sandwich. By the way, what is S&P?

    ReplyDelete