Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 9-I'm flying high...don't you know how I feel?

Day 9-

 So if you haven't noticed I'm a bit dorky and like to put catchy songs into the titles of things. That was a little Michael Buble.

But seriously, I am feeling so good. It was a busy morning. I was up and at 'em at 7:30am a little later than usual. I made my drinks and decided it would be fun to go for a walk down by the Jordan River with the kids and Aunt Rose.

This has become one of my favorite places here in Utah. I love walking along this turquoise river!
And yes, it was fun and also very hot!

We came home, got ready, I fed the kids a couple of sandwiches and off to WINCO we raced.

Have I mentioned how much I love WINCO? Now, I love me some organic produce just as much as the next person, and totally get why they are more expensive. But right now, organic is DOUBLE the price or more of the produce I buy conventionally. So, it'll have to wait. But in the meantime, WINCO is saving me some serious dollars. LOVE it there, LOVE it!

What can I find at WINCO, cheap limes .18 cents, oat groats, $2.98 for freshly ground peanut butter and $4.99 for freshly ground almond butter. Plus, they have raw honey you can pour yourself, agave, dates in bulk, Young Thai coconuts, aloe vera "branches"?, and just about every thing else a girl could want to make wholesome delicious food. Except for an organic section. Tisk, tisk. Hopefully soon!

It's 3:00pm people and I feel amazing. Not a single symptom today, NOT ONE! Yes! My energy is up and I've accomplished a major task for me.

I'm leaving Friday to drive with my sweet mother and my 3 crazy children to Spokane. Yes, you read that right, it's gonna be C-R-A-Z-Y. My youngest, darling little girl screams and cries when we drive to Provo.

My friends and countrymen, that is 30 minutes away from our house. Heaven help us.

So the car got dejunked, vacuumed, and wiped down clean. The carseats were taken apart and washed. All to just be spilled on again...oh, my life!

Ok so we will be enjoying the following dinner this evening.

I decided to make this salad. It's Paulina's, one of the ladies on this cleanse.
 And it is so GOOD!

Paulina's Knock off Whole Foods Cabbage Salad

So delicious!
Shred half a purple and half a green cabbage (or whatever you prefer)
Add one bunch green onions sliced 
Then dress with:
1/2 cup sunflower oil
3 TBSP Raw apple cider vinegar
2 TBSP honey (use stevia on the cleanse)
1tsp salt


*When not cleansing add 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup sesame seeds


Put over mixed greens. MIX WELL!

Then onto our Sweet Potato Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce.

Sweet Potato spiraled :) Isn't it beautiful!

This was really good for being almost completely raw. IT was labor intensive but try it! You'll discover how satisfying this type of food can be!

http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/sweet-potato-noodles-with-roasted-red-pepper-cream-sauce/

And lastly, some yummy Green and Black 85% dark chocolate...love to still have my sweets!

Just a quick point to those out there thinking I'm starving myself. Every day until dinner I'm flooding my body with nutrients and CALORIES. Each cup is probably 100 calories. But let's remember we can be eating LOTS of calories and be completely nutrient starved...have you ever seen a VERY thin person but they look "starved" and just as unhealthy as a 400 lb person? Our bodies main function is to eat food for nutrients. That is why people will eat a 2000 calorie meal and 2 or 3 hours later be "hungry" again. It isn't that they didn't get enough calories, it's that their body is searching for the nutrients it needs to get from the food we put in our bodies.

Just want to keep you thinking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment