Sunday, July 1, 2012

Rose Cleanse-Day 1 My Journey

Rose Cleanse
Day 1



My RAW JOURNEY
I thought since I was starting this blog NEW, I'd give a little back ground about me and my journey to becoming a rawist and trying to eat and be healthier.

I'm Natalie Robison, 30 years old. Born and raised in Spokane, WA.
My incredible mother in law, Nadine, who passed away in November, also affecting my decision to be raw, and my wonderful sister in law Leslie, who I love and adore sooo much! I want to get back to the size I am in these photos.

My apologies to Jordan for the "bad" photo of him, but this is where I'd like to be again!


My whole life I was relatively thin and could literally eat whatever I wanted and never gain a pound, that was until I went to college! I attended Brigham Young University in Provo, UT for three years before meeting the love of my life, Jordan Robison! I was home for summer vacation. I was looking for a fun summer. One that I could relax and enjoy life and BOOM, there he was. We were engaged and married in three months...very fast and unfortunately, our first year of marriage was very difficult. Jordan, and he would tell you, was very hard on me, and expected perfection in everything including my looks and physical body. It was hard! I couldn't believe after dating me and finding me irresistible for three whole months, he wanted me to change! haha ;) Well, I did my best to be patient and let the Lord work a miracle and he did. We have a great marriage and have worked very hard to find happiness, and love the other person for who they are, not what we expect them to be!

We have three small children, Jace (5), Sean (3) and Kenzie (1). They are busy, busy, busy! So, I spend most of my day chasing them around. Well, thanks to these sweet little blessings I had gained by June of 2011, 45lbs of extra weight. Needless to say, I did not like myself.

Me post Kenzie probably 2 months, my Grandpa Ransom xoxo, and my mommy!!!

Add caption

Family picnic to Riverfront Park


Some people might find that hard to believe and say well you have to love yourself in your skin. I disagree. People treat you differently when your fat...how do I know? Because once I was thin and pretty. Now I was fat and pretty. People think you have no self control (some truth to that), that I'm lazy, and so on and so forth.  I did not love myself in my skin, well because other people didn't! Every photo I HATED. I did not like the camera and generally avoided any and all pictures taken of myself.

Well, shortly after these pictures were taken we moved to Nashville, really Franklin, Tennessee, but really, who knows where Franklin is? Everyone knows Nashville. I had  been running and "trying" to eat right every since I gave birth to my baby girl, but to no weight loss avail. I was beyond frustrated. I didn't want to go out and meet people because they would only know me as the fat one. No one here use to know the thinner me, that I'd had better days.

I was struggling to find happiness, while taking care of my family.

In December of 2010, during my pregnancy with Kenzie, I had been sickened with eating meat. I vomited every time I put a piece of any type of meat in my mouth. I knew I needed to find another source of protein. But where? And who really know how to eat right? I sure as heck didn't. Jordan knew a coworker who was a rawist/veganist and told her my dilemma.  She sent me an e-book on juicing and eating raw. But there was other stuff like colonic's and enemas and WHAT? It was all so foreign and weird. How could I ever dissect it all? I thought it was a great approach to eating more like the Word of Wisdom...us Mormon folk's God given diet plan. Eating meat sparingly, more fruits and veggies, and eating grains and herbs. It really did seem to follow the Word of Wisdom, but how and what?

Ginger and TJ
So, we move to Nashville, and meet a cute, not just cute absolutely BEAUTIFUL family by the name of the Dunhams.

I'm not sure how it came up, but one day I realize she, GINGER, eats raw and vegan. And not just Ginger, but TJ and her two boys. She was prego with her baby girl Adelaide at the time when I first met her. I immediately barraged her with a million questions, what? how? etc! And thus my journey began...

BUT the picture that truly changed it all was this one...
My behind and my BEAUTIFUL FRIEND Camille!


We, all the mother's, had gone to the fire station with our preschoolers. This photo was taken by the preschool teacher. I'm talking to my dear friend Camille, and I know the teacher, Ms. Jenny had no idea how this picture would affect me for the better. I truly, as hard as it was when I first saw this picture, thank her. Because this picture was a catalyst for me to truly change my life and my eating FOREVER!

I cried so hard when I saw this picture. It was like HELLO, this is who you are and what you look like...stop fooling yourself that you look "ok", YOU DON'T!!!!

So, I immediately started texting Ginger and asking even more questions. I started with a water fast and then began juicing. Here is my first juice I made by food processing the veggies and then "sieved" them. It was a baby shot but it was a start!

First itty bitty green juice
 Ginger thankfully, let me borrow her extra juicer for months! This was what my mornings became and I LOVED IT!
My everyday green juice


By January, Jordan and I had truly made juicing a part of our daily routine, and 15 lbs lighter I figured this was working! I felt great physically, but more importantly mentally! I had never had such mental clarity and my energy through the roof! I no longer "had" to have my nap with the kids. I could function!!!!!

By January, it looked like we were going to be moving, AGAIN! This time to Utah for Jordan's work. Below is not a very pretty picture, but I am giving you HOPE! I took this knowing that it would give me more motivation. I didn't do any of this FAST! But it was consistent and slow and I was making it a part of my life, not just a fad!


JULY 1st

Here I am, in Utah, on a 30 day yeast/candida cleanse and beyond excited!

I feel so ready for this on so many levels! I am ready to drop an additional 15 lbs! I want to be 130!!!! And I'm going to be there! I love the way I feel. Energy and happiness and a clear head. My family, like all have so many "health" problems that could be alleviated through better eating. My hope and prayer through all of this, that I can be an example of what's better and extend their lives by a year, 5 yrs, 10 yrs! What a blessing for them, their families, and me!

I owe all I am to my patient husband, sweet children, great friends Ginger and Camille-who loved me fat and thin, and well, I guess, I can say myself.

I still have a hard time seeing myself in pictures but these are from the last two weeks with me weighing in at 145! LOVE IT!

           You probably can't tell, but I can, these size 10 pants are soooo baggy on me! YES! And just a few months ago they were T-I-G-H-T! TIGHT!
Ms. Janelle Baird, one of my young women from Hayden 3rd Ward, LOVE HER!

Skinny jeans, OH YAH!

My face has definitely thinned out, which I like so much better in pictures!

Yes, I am standing on my tippy toes thinking it makes me look thinner, ya know cause you do look thinner taller, right?

Day1
Rose Cleanse

So today I start my journey towards an even cleaner body. I have loved the juice fasts and raw foods I've been eating, but it's time to kick it into another gear.

30 days NO fruit sugar and no other types of sugar.

I will be juicing till dinner, a piece of cake after juicing all day for three days! And then eating a balanced and well combined dinners.

So today at church, my dear friend Lisa White's sister in law, who is in my ward, asked if we wanted to come over for a BBQ with Jeff and Lisa too. Jessica, was so sweet and I was so happy she asked. Immediately I told her, I'm on a cleanse, so do you mind if I bring my own food? She said it would be NO problem! I was so excited! It would have been so easy for me to just say sure, and then not tell anyone and REALLY start the cleanse tomorrow. But I try to be a person of my word, and I told Ginger I was doing this fast with her. I could tell people what I'm doing and if they don't like well, oh well.

I made my favorite salad, the skin beauty salad from Hungry for Change and a southwestern quinoa. I can't remember who said this, either Ginger, or Natalia Rose. But when you bring your healthy food, everyone will love it and it will be completely gone, and you know what it was! Jessica and Lisa wanted the recipes. I even brought my dark chocolate to eat when they had brownies and ice cream. I felt like such a success! A small success but still, I DID IT!!!!


Here are the recipes! Super easy and I can't say enough about how delicious they are! ENJOY!
Southwestern Quinoa, btw I omit the beans and pumpkin seeds to make it cleanse kosher :)



Skin Beauty Salad-AMAZING!

What a great way to start my cleanse! Fasting for my Lord and my soul, and cleansing for my body and soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment