Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day-15 I'm halfway through!

Day 15-Halfway through

In some ways the last 15 days have flown by... but when I dream of eating a banana again or a juicy slice of watermelon, the next 15 can't come fast enough. But I've learned a lot about myself and other things over the past 15 days. So I'm going  to write a list of 15 things I've learned in the last 15 days. READY? GO!

1.) I can go without certain things. If my kids are eating an ice cream cone and don't finish it, I don't have to finish it for them. The garbage can have those extra calories, not my butt.

2.) Having positive people around me is essential and crucial in my life.

3.) God blesses me with more than I deserve.

4.) I have an amazing family Jordan, Jace, Sean, and Kenzie. I need to appreciate them more and be "there" more for them mentally, emotionally, and physically.

5.) Happiness is not found in food. It is found in relationships and with people.

6.) Bad foods always sound and look good until I actually eat them, like the "breaded" cod in Dillon. NOT GOOD!

7.) I can do hard things!

8.) My body can survive and thrive on less. I need nutrient dense food, not massive amounts of food.

9.) I need to use my energy and "life force" for good and to help those around me.

10.) It's ok to literally dream about eating ice cream. I did this one night and realized I was actually opening and closing my mouth like I was eating it...now that is new! I can find new ways to enjoy sweets. I can find desserts like detoxinista's peanut butter smoothie that does actually taste better than JCW's peanut butter shake. It really does taste just like it and is seriously so good.

http://detoxinista.com/2012/05/chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-milkshake/

11.) Good in, good out. Daily scripture study, prayers, good thoughts and frequent forgiving and nice mental talk of others feeds my soul and helps me to not "medicate" with food to cover up my emotions.

12.) Exercise makes me happy, does not make me lose weight. Food controls my weight.

13.) Food can either heal me and be my medicine, or be my poison and slowly kill me.

14.) I am in control of what goes in my mouth, not others and not situations.

15.) Life is good.

Alright! So tonight for dinner I had a big salad and made the following "ranch" dressing

1 container Coconut Milk yogurt
1 1/2 tbsp dried chives
1 tbsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dijon mustard

Mix and chill.

This was really good. I first tried this recipe with goat yogurt. But I'm finding I do not like goat anything. It's too goaty for me, haha.

Then I had lots of salmon that my dad cooked on the grill. So good!


Then lastly lots of chocolate.


And finally, I'm down one more LB! That means this brought a big smile to my face.
That's a towel that is mysteriously hanging down...



6 comments:

  1. Nice work!! Hope you don't mind me reading your blog! It has truly inspired me and has given me that extra little push. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but didn't know where to start. It's nice to see others who I know put it to work and give me motivation. I love all the things you've learned. It's so true. It's amazing how much you can live without. Yesterday we got Savannah some icecream It didn't even look good to me. I've been reading "the beauty detox solution" by kimberly snyder. Have you read that? It's really good! She does the "Glowing Green Smoothie" instead of juicing. I guess I'm torn between juicing and the green smoothie. But I think for now I'll stick with the green smoothie #1 because I only have a blender and not a juicer and #2 because it's higher in fiber and doesn't throw out all the extras like juicing does. It seriously keeps me so full till almost dinner time! I love it! And Savannah loves it too!! It does help to surround yourself with encouraging and uplifting people. I tried a few recipes from the detoxinista. I made the ranch salad dressing that you mentioned in this post. I love it! It's so good!! But I didn't do it with goat's yogurt. I'm not too much of a goat's milk/yogurt/cheese person. I also made the cauliflower pizza crust with veggies to top it. That was really really good!! Scott even liked it! Savannah said "mommy dis es good!" And I also made the creamy red pepper pasta tonight. Scott liked that too. I hope to find more easy recipes that aren't too time consuming that the whole family likes. Anyway, hope you're having fun with your fam in Spokane!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne! I'm glad you're reading it :) I was surprised at how many people have said it's helped and truly that was why I felt in my heart I needed to post all those lovely pics of myself to help people see where I've come from and where I am going! I have the beauty detox by Kimberly Snyder :) and yes I love her and think she has an amazing approach. Her smoothie is great and where you already have a great blender do it! You are getting amazing benefits from just replacing cereal or toast or whatever with that, great job!!!! I'm happy your family is liking the recipes! For not "cooking" I know they can be a lot of work, but in the long run it does pay off! And good job starting that cute little Savannah young...she'll thank you later :) Hope to see you soon! Miss you and let me know if you have any questions, or need anything at all!!!!

      Delete
  2. Natalie - The salad dressing was yummy! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my beautiful sister...it's always more empowering to find great healthy, whole options to use in place of strong loves or "addictions". And I love me some RANCH!!!

      Delete
  3. I know you DIDN'T dis the JCW's Peanut Butter Hot fudge shake! You have found my weakness and ultimately given me an exit from my JCW's prison! What more can I say...thank you Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha, seriously laughing so hard! Yes I did! That JCW shake is truly delicious, but the bomb it sets off in my stomach is not, eh? And this banana chocolate peanut shake is such a great alternative. Can't wait until July 31st. I will be consuming a massive quantity for my treat that night of the detoxinista's shake. If WINCO is out of bananas you'll know why. I've purchased all of them to make the mother of all banana ice cream shakes!

      Delete