Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 17-IS THIS A TRICK????

Day 17-

Whenever I've tried, attempted, started a diet I've always "known" how important those low calorie, waistline friendly carrots, cucumbers, and other crudites are to snack on.

Have I ever really said, while dieting, "wow I'm so hungry I'm gonna go grab myself some carrots sticks"...NEVER!

Instead it was, "where is that protein bar, yogurt, or mozzarella stick." And 300 calories later after my "meal" I was starving again.

So I love how I've been "tricked" into LOVING carrot sticks, cut up cucumber, and other veggies to help really curb my hunger. Oh, and feel full and satisfied.


Today was ruff, like a dog barking kind of ruff, and you just want it to stop.

The thunder woke me up before 6 am, and no folks, I was not fired up about it.

I tried to go for a run/walk but I had to take a rain check, cause well, there was lightening, and I don't feel like getting that kind of energy in my life right now! :)

So it's been a long day. I woke up looking UGLY and feeling sore. Even my face was sore. I quickly texted Ginger my symptoms and she quickly replied...

"You need more sleep"..."AND YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A COLONIC! You've done three juice fasts and now this, it's time Natalie."

Well, alright!

So tomorrow, cause I couldn't get through again today to schedule my appointment, I'm scheduling my colonic here in the Spokane Valley! Of all places, to get a closed system, important, colonic.

Here:
http://www.cleanandwell.com/

NOW if all this enema and colonic talk is still freaking you out, PLEASE LOOK INTO detoxing and what happens when you start drinking alkalizing vegetable juice and eating almost a completely raw diet. I highly recommend Natalia Rose's Raw Food Detox Diet. She makes this process so understandable and easy.

Her recipes are seriously amazing! And when you are transitioning from our society's regular food this can be very important.

Tonight my sister made this from her book, and I ate a bite, maybe two :), it was delicious!


And when she (Natalia Rose) tells you to buy Alta Dena cheddar style goat cheese, please do as the women asks! It tastes so good and doesn't taste "goat-y" at all! Which is a very good thing in my book.

And finally, tonight I can post the following recipe. I have now made this recipe 3, yes 3 times and tonight was a success. You must use the called for amount of Goat Feta. Trust me. And you could probably throw in a little extra. Please use more carrot pulp than beet pulp. It is NASTY if you use more beet pulp. It tastes off, and I have no other way to describe it. Use the suggested amounts of seasoning, maybe a bit more to help with the taste.

But the rest is amazing in this recipe. SO FILLING AND SO GOOD! Jace loves these meatballs and Kenzie too!

I, of course started the night with a salad. It was a tossed green that I "tossed" myself and dressed with the yummy coconut yogurt "ranch" dressing from a few days ago.



Then I had the "Meat (less) balls" from detoxinista.com



Italian Meat(less) Balls
makes 10 balls
Ingredients:

2 cups juice pulp, loosely packed (preferably carrot or beet based)
1 egg, beaten
3 oz. crumbled feta (preferably goat’s milk)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon sea salt
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375F. In a medium bowl, combine the juice pulp and seasonings. I used dried herbs, to keep the mixture from getting too wet. Think of them as a “substitute” for the breadcrumbs that are in traditional recipes!
I used the pulp from Austin’s morning juice– a mix of carrots and cucumber– but beet pulp would give these a lovely red color!
Crumble in the feta next.
Stir well to combine, then add the egg to bind it all together!
The mixture should be moist and sticky enough to be formed into balls.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then using your hands, form 10 evenly-sized balls.
Each ball is about 2-tablespoons-worth of the mixture.
Place in the middle of the oven, and bake for 15 minutes at 375F.
After 15 minutes, remove from the oven and gently flip them over. The bottoms should be slightly golden brown. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until firm.
The finished meat(less) ball should be crisp on the outside, and somewhat tender on the inside. It’s almost like a veggie-fritter! Delicious on their own, these little bites could be served as an appetizer with a warm marinara dipping sauce.
But I wanted meatballs, dang it!
So I warmed them in a bit of my favorite marinara sauce, and served them piping hot over a bed of pasta.
Okay, so I still don’t like pasta that much. A bed of steamed cauliflower is even better!!


Have a great night! :)
























2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm going to have to try the meat(less) balls... those look great. And I totally have all the right ingredients right now. (Except the goat feta, but I suppose I can use regular feta?) You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead and try 'em with the cows milk goat cheese. The whole premise of "goat" everything with Natalia is that our bodies digest it more easily than cow's milk. You want your food in and out as fast as possible :) Hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete