Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 4-Expectations of my freedom

Day 4-Rose Cleanse

What do I expect from this 30 day Rose Cleanse?

-To get to a healthy, happy weight...shooting for 135 ladies and gents!
-Organize areas of my life, i.e. my children's toys (completely out of CONTROL), my downstairs closet, my upstairs cookbook/junk cupboard, my car, and my pantry
-I want to sew on three buttons onto the duvet, I've neglected for 2 years...yes, I know! It's embarrassing to see that in writing!
-I will exercise three days a week. I will NOT wear my heart rate monitor. I will smile while I work out and enjoy myself.
-I will eat as much dark chocolate after my properly combined dinner as I want.
-I will air out any old feelings/emotions. Past experiences are just as toxic as any "fake" foods I've eaten in the past...my body needs to release both in this cleanse.
-I will do 3 enemas a week.
-I am getting a colonic at the end of this thing, come HE-double hockey sticks or high water. (with the whole state of Utah on fire, and my naughtiness, HE-double hockey sticks, might come first!)
-I am writing in this blog every freakin' ding dong day whether I feel like it or not!
-I will consume nothing but hydrating, alkalizing, delicious, fresh vegetable juice or water or broth until dinner, every ding dong day!
-I will stay STRONG while I visit family for two weeks. I will be a good example of determination and healthy eating. I will prepare any foods before so I feel confident and ready for whatever comes my way!

Alright! Well now that I've written down some of my goals, I'll write down what I ate today! :) Happy 4th of July, btw! So grateful for a free country where I can just start a blog and write whatever I want! YIPPEE!

My detox symptoms weren't bad. Just a tight jaw and headache most of the day...I can totally tolerate that.

So we spent the afternoon at our Neighborhood 4th party. They had bounce houses and food. The kids had hot dogs, yuck, and chips, and well, whatever they wanted...it's the 4th after all, and who wants a mom to spoil the fun, right?

Before we went I prepped the veggies for my Raw Pad Thai, it was amazing! It called for 3 young Thai coconuts. I only used two. When I pooped open those bad boys, they have coconut water inside, and yes, I LOVE IT!
Young Thai coconut

My amazing "hacking"  skills came into play tonight!

You take off the top tepee and there is this perfect round piece of coconut flesh you pull back and uncover the most delicious and refreshing water...coconut water!

It isn't like typical "coconut" it is rubbery and soft and very wet! Oh and in this dish really does taste and have the texture of a noodle! Incredible!


 I got to have 2 big glasses of fresh coconut juice today before we went to the party, and it totally satisfied me until about 5:30pm. Then I wanted to get out of the heat and get home and eat.





So I put together our salad and our dressing.

Then it was our main course. Raw Pad Thai with a Peanut Sauce for a dressing...so GOOD! The dressing is too die for, seriously. If you love peanut anything and especially, an Asian peanut dressing, you'll be in heaven!



Then I made Jordan and I some yummy chocolate cake. Seriously, SOOOOOO GOOD! Following recipe is thanks to detoxinista.com!

Flourless Chocolate Cake
serves 2
Adapted from the Gluten-Free Goddess
Ingredients:
2 oz. dark chocolate (I used this kind)
3 Tablespoons NuNaturals More Fiber™ Baking Blend
1/2 teaspoon Blackstrap Molasses
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon VERY HOT water
2 Tablespoons butter, chopped up
1 egg
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. In a mini-food processor, pulse the dark chocolate pieces until they are crumbly.
(for an even darker chocolate flavor, you could try using unsweetened baking chocolate instead of the dark chocolate!)

Next, add in the Stevia Baking Blend, molasses, cocoa powder and vanilla.
Pulse until you have a grainy, sand-like texture.
Now it’s time to melt it all together!
I actually boiled some water in my teapot, to be sure it was HOT as possible.
Add 1 Tablespoon of very hot water to the mixture, then process it again, until it’s thick and melt-y.
Time to add the final ingredients! Throw the egg and chopped butter into the food processor:
Then blend until smooth and creamy!
Divide the batter evenly into two individual-sized ramekins:
*note: I tried greasing each ramekin generously with coconut oil before baking, but despite my efforts, these cakes did not remove easily. I recommend scrapping that idea all together, and just serving directly from the ramekins!
Place the ramekins in the middle of the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350F, until the tops begin to crack, and a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean– perhaps with a crumb or two. (I used a fork to test!)
Now the hardest part–> wait patiently for these cakes to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Your kitchen will smell ridiculously good.
I recommend leaving the house for a couple hours. ;)
When the ramekins are cool enough to touch, you may accelerate the cooling process by covering them with foil and refrigerating:
Once they’re cool–> DIG IN!!!! (duh)
These were totally worth the wait.
They’re like REAL cake– not just some “healthy” substitute.
Moist, fudgy cake. Perfectly sweetened, you can barely tell there’s no added sugar!
Enjoy! Hope you had a great 4th of July! We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment