Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 3-Morning Energy

Day 3-Morning Energy

So, usually when I wake up, I go right back to sleep, cause "I'm so tired". But this morning I woke up at 6:30am and was ready to go! I loved it! So I did an Insanity work out and felt pretty good throughout it! Then I had my lemon water and probiotic water, and oh the symptoms set in! My lower back hurt, and I had a good headache, with a tight jaw. I know these syptoms except for the back thing, that's new. I made my juice and sucked down as much as I could and felt better.
My "red" green juice...love those beets! This morning I included some cilantro, yum, I LOVE IT!


My energy was lagging almost all day-which doesn't really work with a house to keep up on and three children. I did an enema after an hour and a half nap with the kids and felt much better. So I think that greatly helped me make it to dinner!
This may gross you out, but hey you might be wondering...so here it is. This is my enema kit! It's lasted me 9 months. It's weird to say I love it, cause I don't really LOVE doing this to myself, but unfortunately, colonic's aren't in the budget right now. DO NOT buy the pre-filled enemas. You want to fill the bag with the cleanest water you can find and read the directions. I'm not explaining any more! :)

So I started again with carrots, and then proceeded to dip in my zucchini humus, YUM!

Then I made one of my favorite and so easy salads.
Our first course...SALAD!


This is spinach, red onion, tomato, and carrot. Then I "dress" it with Raw Coconut Aminos and Raw Apple Cider Vinegar...seriously tastes like oil and vinegar without any FAT! It's amazing!

Seriously soooooo good! You don't want to pay more the $3 or $4 for a bottle of the raw apple cider vinegar...buyer  beware!

Plus, even more amazing tonight was Jace, probably from seeing me eat so many salads, said "mom, can you make me a salad?" I was overjoyed! So, here is his healthy salad...yes that's ranch dressing...baby steps people, baby steps!
Love that my good eating is "rubbing" off on Jace...now Sean, that's another story!


Then I made one of my favorite soups! So easy, so delicious, and turns out every time! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Plus the whole family eats it, so I don't have to do 2 dinners! (I'm still working on my kids and transitioning them. I must admit, I've focused more on myself the past year than them when it comes to food. But once I'm dialed in, WATCH OUT kids, you're next!)
Doesn't look pretty, but it is so filling, delicious, and hearty!


Then I made sweet potatoes. I cut them up in to little pieces, mix with olive oil, a little butter, thyme, a little rosemary, and 4 cloves of garlic. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes, then 375 for like 10. Make sure you stir half way through, I didn't and mine were a bit "charred" on the bottom. Still good and we ate them up!
These sweet potatoes are a rendition of a famous chef Tim Bastedo, who normally does this with red potatoes! YUM YUM either way! Tim was our neighbor and great friend, I learned so much about cooking from him! THANKS TIMMY!xoxoxo


Then for dessert I had some chocolate. I was going to attempt a cleanse friendly chocolate cake, but gosh after today I just didn't have it in me...so hopefully tomorrow!

BTW! I must mention my sweet hubs! He is eating all this with me, and from the very beginning was on board and ready to eat whatever I made. It has truly made this process easier. He eats the raw protein, and just about everything else. I'll ask him what he wants for dinner sometimes, trying to cheat or be "bad" and he'll be like oh, I don't really care just something simple and healthy. Oh gosh, ok! Love HIM! Our favorite salad is a head of romaine, an avocado, a tomato, a clove of garlic, an onion sliced thinly, lemon juice and a couple packets of stevia. YUM!!!!

Tonight I'm body brushing...seriously amazing! Didn't really start this till a month ago and is so great! I did it this morning which helped wake me up too. You brush your skin towards your heart. So you would start at your ankles or wrists and brush up towards your heart, concentrating on your lymph areas so armpits, behind the knees. Because I have a baby smoochy tummy I brush it clockwise to move the waste around and out! I think it has made a huge difference in my detoxing.
This is my body brush...yes it was once upon a time my hair brush, but since I HATE round brushing my hair, now brushes my body, haha! There are legit body brushes, you can find them at Whole Foods or on Amazon.com. But since mine was 100% natural boar bristle, I thought it would be just fine. Plus, they say the stiffer the bristles the better. These are pretty S-T-I-F-F!


And lastly, I'm going to take an Epsom Salt bath with some Lavender! Epsom is great for pulling toxins out of the skin, so needed today!

XOXOXO have a great night! Nat


No comments:

Post a Comment