Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 29-My old "normal"

Day 29

So it might seem weird that I decided to try and test out my "old" way of healthy eating yesterday on the road during my cleanse.

I don't even think I can call this last week a cleanse at all, except for eradicating lice from my family's heads, bedding, clothing, and any fabric material.

Yesterday, I decided since I would be on the road, to eat my old way of healthy.

So I had a high fiber cereal with dried strawberried in it and almond milk.

Then I had a banana, by itself, I've learned that at least!

Then for lunch a Subway sandwich. While still healthier than say, McDonald's, a far cry from a properly combined, easily digested meal.

Then I had for dinner a dinner salad, a steak (yes, I had a steak, the first one in probably 7 months and it was NOT how I remember meat tasting), and some broccoli.

Can I tell you how heavy and SICK I felt last night driving home at 10:00pm in the dark.

I would have consider this a very healthy day. And while for many people this is a healthy day and better than what they are buying and fast fooding into their bodies, it's a far cry from what I've learned and been putting into my body.

My "ignorance" has been lifted from eyes. I have such guilt if I eat the things I know I shouldn't, not because of calories any more, but because I know how hard I'm making things on my body.

I may not have eaten perfectly and stayed completely consistenent the last 29 days, but gosh darn it I've tried my best and learned SOOOO much that will be with me through the next 29 years of my life.

That is truly my reward in this. Opening my mind and eyes to what I should do and what I can have in life.

A healthy and fit body.

A clear and sharp mind.

A happy and positive outlook on life.

Ginger Dunham....

Thank you for all your support the last 29 days

Thank you for all the love and friendship and kindness.

Without you I couldn't be where I am today.

Thank you!

Thank you to my mom, sister's, and dad back home. It was a great time, and the last week could have been better but oh, well. Thank you for supporting me with my food needs up until the lice. Understandably, those tiny bugs destroyed any desire to cook or plan a meal.

Thank you!

And lastly, but not least, my amazing husband Jordan.

Thank you for listening to me cry about a million times over the past two weeks.

Thank you for loving me and supporting me in all my "crazy" seeming endeavors that have thankfully become our lifestyle.

Thank you for your friendship, love, and most importantly, your understanding heart.

And, most importantly, thank you for being an amazing father to our children, who, when they see you won't get out of your arms and want to snuggle with you and be just like you.

Thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment