Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 6- Do I choose life and liberty, or captivity and death?

 Day 6-How can I do this for 23 more days...

I woke up this morning feeling so good.

You must first understand my love affair with sleeping and my bed. I do not (or should I say did not) like waking up and getting out of bed in the morning.

I'm not sure what is helping to get me out of bed, but finally, I wake up and BOOM! I'm ready to go...

I really think it is the whole properly combining food. I think I need to stress this on this blog.

I was texting back and forth with Ginger and said I was going to eat this salad with this meal, and she goes NO NO NO! You can't eat avocado with a flesh meal.  I was so shocked!

Ok, so now I know why I haven't been losing weight as fast as I could have doing this. I would sit down, have a beautifully yummy salad with an avocado in it, then some fish, and a baked sweet potato. My meal as Ginger put it, was just a big STARCH! I might as well have gone out and had a big 'ol thing of fries, spaghetti and bread with lots of butter!

I now, as of two days ago, realized, that even though it was "healthy" that type of meal is hard on my body and is not combined properly. I'm still learning this combining thing, but a serious LIGHT BULB went off in my mind!

Here is Natalia Rose's list of a what is easily digested together.




I did some Insanity this morning and it felt so good! Halfway through with all the sweat running down my face I thought, wow, I love to move my body and be active. I really do!


But by 3:00 this afternoon, I was so hungry. I wanted carbs, carbs, CARBS! I wanted fruit and I wanted lots of sugar...I'm pretty sure this was the starving candida yeast in my body crying out for their nourishment.

Thankfully, I went to a cucumber started eating that bad boy. I decided to dip some more cucumber in my goat yogurt dip. That definitely took the edge off, ahhhhh much better.

I started on the kids dinner. They had spaghetti with some corn. Once they were done, Jordan and I started on the Shredded Brussels Sprout salad. I forgot to take a pic. Sorry. I was so hungry I ate it before taking one!


Then we had a Hungry-Girl Omelet...amazing and so filling.

The food about to become my omelet!

Alta Denta cheese...yummy!

You have NO idea how delicious this was!!!!!
Kenzie 3rd meal for the night. I think she likes this 2 dinner thing cause she can just keep eating, and eating and eating...


I WAS HUNGRY!!!


I then finished the night with some dark chocolate.

This afternoon was very challenging. Almost cave in and eat something I shouldn't challenging. But I know how awful I feel if I cave in and eat what I want...I totally regret it and think man that was so not worth it!

I decided that this cleanse and journey over the next 30 days is similar to what Nephi spoke about our eternal lives. Everything is a choice in this life. I feel very spiritually connected when I do my juice fasts, and this cleanse has proven to be the same. (please do not think of me as some righteous person or whatever cause I am definitely FLAWED in about every way possible)  I feel like my eating and what I'm putting into my body is just as important as what I feed my spirit and mind. I can either choose liberating food that gives me energy and will ultimately, give me more "life" or I can choose addicting, captivating foods, that will eventually kill me. I want to give my body the best chance at this life, I've only got one. I know I have to overcome these passions and cravings for these foods. THEY ARE NOT GOOD FOR ME! This is what Nephi says in 2 Nephi 4: 27 to 29:


 27 Wherefore, men are afree according to the bflesh; and call things are dgiven them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to echoose fliberty and eternal glife, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be hmiserable like unto himself.
 28 And now, my sons, I would that ye should look to the great aMediator, and hearken unto his great commandments; and be faithful unto his words, and choose eternal life, according to the will of his Holy Spirit;
 29 And not choose eternal death, according to the will of the flesh and the aevil which is therein, which giveth the spirit of the devil power to bcaptivate, to bring you down to chell, that he may reign over you in his own kingdom.

I am everyday grateful for the scriptures. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for my blessings. I am so thankful for my soon to be very healthy body. There is so much I have. I am most importantly grateful for agency and the gift it is in my life. I can choose life or I can choose death. 

I choose LIFE! 

4 comments:

  1. Nat-you are doing amazing! Keep up the good work girl! I just finished reading the raw food diet. What did you do when you first started? Did you start with just drinking green lemonade everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nycole! Yes I started making a green juice everyday. I would add a few apples to yours in the begininig to help make them more palatable. Where I am at now I can handle stronger drinks (meaning less sugar and sweetness). I add kale, lots of celery romaine, a beet, cucumber, carrots, cilantro, lemons, and a green apple. You can put other apples like fuji gala to help the taste :) Start there. In a month start changing your lunch, then move to your dinner. Dinner has been the hardest for me because it involves the whole family, and usually night time is SO busy! But we are making it work. I do a lot of planning and menus. I buy certain produce I know that won't go bad quickly in bulk, like lemons, limes, apples, etc. Bananas too! I will help you however you need/want it :) I'm so excited for you! You are going to feel amazing! I will have you included on my next juice fast, if you feel ready and up to it !!!!! You're amazing for taking this first step! xoxo Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, thanks so much! I sincerely feel like you blogging has been an answer to my prayers. Please include me in your next juice fast. I started with breakfast today, and felt better already!

      Delete
  3. Nycole! That is so great to hear! So I feel sincerely so indebted to my friend Ginger to how she has changed my life. There is really nothing I could ever do to truly "pay" her back. All I can do is "pay it forward"! So I am so happy to help you and change whatever you want to in your life ;) I am here to help and will definitely include you on my next fast. It'll probably be sometime in August. I haven't figured out dates yet, but I'll try to give you a couple weeks heads up so you can prepare yourself and your calendar! xoxo Nat

    ReplyDelete