Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I've gone black and I'm never going back...

Black rice that is! :)

I discovered black rice at WINCO a few weeks back and have been dying to try it!

Looks like coffee, but it ain't!

So dark, so beautiful!


Once I made it tonight I realized I have had it before. My girl Meghan and I went to this way cool restaurant up in Sugar House a few months back. It's called Ekami and it's fast food Thai. AMAZING! Well, they served this "purple" rice with the dish and I loved it. I now know it is black rice.

So tonight I made my sushi with it and it was really good, for a non white rice. Don't get me wrong, there is something so yummy about white rice, but the nutritional benefits from black rice are amazing! (I looked it up last night, think along the lines of blueberry antioxidants because of the color)

My pre-dinner salad. Some spinach, romaine, red pepper, mushroom and goat yogurt ranch dressing.
Jordan told me it was the best sushi I've made.

I had an Olympic type moment of pride in my sushi... haha!

I made the sushi tonight California style but added a few yummy new things.

So with the Californian, you have avocado, cucumber, cream cheese, and crab. But I added the red pepper drenched in Siriachi sauce and some aneheim chili pepper. SOOOOO good.

I hope you will try some black rice in the near future. I can't wait to try it with my massaman? curry...oh the anticipation!

Also, this last weekend we went to Island Park, Idaho for a family reunion on Jordan's side and had a blast. I pre-juiced which made me feel better that I had at least something good going in. I did the best with the menu. I ate a lot of "normal" meals and it reminded me how dead everyone's food truly is. It seems like a lot to add fresh fruit and veggies, but now it's such a habit, it isn't work any more. Just always try to add something living to every meal. If you think of it like that it makes it so much more doable. Don't think you always have to have a salad! Try including some fresh fruit before your meal or eat a cucumber. Give your body something living that will help it to pull your other food through.

The most amazing part about last weekend is that my girl Ginger was going to Island Park for this week and so we were able to meet up in Rexburg! It was amazing and felt like Christmas! I was so excited to see her and her sweet family! I cried, of course, but mainly laughed and wished I still lived in Nashville. But if I can see her randomly, it will be better than nothing. To my "whole" friend! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment