Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 8- Paula Deen eating for dinner? Heck YES!

Day 8

 My symptoms have pretty much gone away, which is so wonderful!

I did not get one headache today. Whew!

I felt really good, except for being a bit run down today and definitely wanting to take a nap this afternoon. Not sure if it was the "Sunday" nap bug or from subbing in Nursery with Kenzie and a very grumpy Sean, but I was plain tuckered out by 2:30 this afternoon.

Did you know that you can properly combine and eat some of Paula Deen's best recipes?

Yes Ma'am!

Ok so I started my meal with some cucumber slices. Then I dove right into making tonight's incredibly delicious meal!

Our salad tonight was amazing. YOU MUST TRY IT! But please, make sure you have the right ingredients, cause it won't turn out right if you use just anything.



It's a wilted spinach salad. SO good. My only regret was that I halved it instead of making the whole thing. Oh well!

Then we had Tilapia in this amazing lime juice sauce.



I made an Almond rice that is so good, but only Jordan and the kids had that. I smelled it enough to get any available flavor into my tummy, haha!
I'm sure you could exchange quinoa for the rice in this dish!



Then I made these veggie ribbons. Jace was very hesitant and when he finally took a bit he said, "wow, mom those are really good. You are a good cook." Ha ha! Thanks Jace!


Lastly, I made this Almond Pudding from detoxinista.com

Then I might have had a few more pieces of dark chocolate. But over all a great day and feeling so much better than I have been!


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just ran across your blog! Congrats on losing so much weight! That's awesome and such an accomplishment!! You look great!! You'll have to get me in on your next juice fast or at least educate me a little. I do need a juicer though. After watching "Forks over Knives" and a few other shows about eating raw, it has convinced me that that's the best way to go. I love how it's more of a way of life than a fad diet. It groses me out how processed our foods have become. I feel like I eat healthy, but I know I can do better and need to combine things better. I'd like to lose at least 15 lbs. I workout 5-6 days a week, so I know I'm not losing weight because of my diet and not my activity level. I also suffer from a skin disease that I've had for years and years. I know that by eating better that it could help lessen my symptoms. Anyway, sorry to go on and on and on! haha!! Message me or email me and let me know where to start!! Ha!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne! Awesome! Yes, this is a lifestyle not a fad. Plus I feel like I'm totally observing the word of wisdom. We still eat meat, it's just very sparingly! Ok, so I totally get you on the working out and not losing etc. You need to find Natalia Rose's books. A great one that I love is Raw Food Detox Diet. She explains the ideology and reasoning behind making the shift very well. Plus, she has 5 diet stages that you could fall into that will help you transition into this lifestyle. It's amazing how satisfying the food is and how full you can be. I will definitely include you on the next juice fast. As far as a juicer, check out craigslist or family or friends that have one they aren't using. Juicers can be very pricey. We used a Breville in the begining and went through a lot of produce to get our juice. Now we have an omega, much slower, but we get way more juice from the same amount of produce. We liked that cause we are on a budget! And produce is SO expensive! Let me know if you have any other questions. :) I'm so excited! You'll feel and see so many amazing changes!!!

    ReplyDelete