Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 30-Last day


 Day 30

Today is the last day of my 30 day cleanse.

Did I eat perfectly every day? NO.

Did I try my best? Yes

Have I learned countless things about myself, others, and where I want and need to be? YES!!!!

This has been a great journey for me. I know I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't FORCED myself to be this strict and at least try it for 30 days. I tried new recipes, new foods, new ideas and found things I love and things I don't like so much.

I learned I need to be prepared. I need to be ready for anything. Lice, headaches, grumpy/tired children, lack of sleep, long road trips, inability to find certain foods, and most importantly I need to be prepared against the weaknesses of myself.

I realized how easily I fall in to old ways. How easily I am "tempted" to eat and choose the wrong foods. I rationalize one bite won't hurt. But sometimes, like with the breakfast bars, one bite turned into 3 helpings! Oi via!

Again so many thanks to Ginger, Jordan, my sister Christy (who supported me the whole time I was in Spokane wanting and trying new recipes with me, and she lost 10 lbs in two weeks just following and doing what I was doing! Go CHRISTY!), my parents for their love and support and help with the kids, my friends who's texts greatly helped me through and definitely brought smiles and laughs during hard points.

Alright so I ate pretty good today.

I was going to juice, I thought there was enough in the fridge for me to juice in the morning and when I looked, nothing, seriously nothing.

So I made my pro-biotic drink. Then had a kids Cliff bar, not great cause it's processed but better than anything else.

Then went to Kneaders for lunch and had their Avocado Salad, AMAZING!

Then came home drank way too much Kombucha...

And then because again I thought we had more in the fridge, made my hungry girl omelet.
Love this meal

Seriously good goat cheese. Seriously.
Finally had 4 little squares of dark chocolate.

Not exactly how I wanted to finish, but I tried to end on a good note.

Tomorrow I will post my final weight. Which isn't super important because of how I feel, but I do have a goal people, I have a goal weight!

I know I will get there just need a little more time!

And finally, to any one interested I am already planning a juice fast for August.

I haven't decided on the dates yet but plan on doing it.

Please message me, phone me, or text me if you are interested in doing this with me.

Thank you for following me.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that people have read something or looked at something and decided to change or want to get on the path.

That is all it takes. Make the decision to get on the path and then do your best.

As you can see with me, I'm not the fastest at losing weight, but I'm determined, realistic and hopeful.

I know I will see you 125 on my scale. I KNOW I will see you.

Till then,

Adieu!

4 comments:

  1. Natalie, I'm so happy for you. I have enjoyed reading about this journey of yours. I totally want to do it. I just bought the book, so I'm going to start it in about 2-weeks.

    You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily! Thank you so much :) I'm glad you followed! Please let me know if you have questions/concerns as you start. It can seem overwhelming to begin with, but will get easier as you go! I'm going to keep posting on the blog new recipes and/or foods I find and love to help those looking for help! I'm so excited for you. You've made a huge decision. Just do your best and the rest will fall into place!

    Keep in touch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved readying about your journey!!! I have done many cleanses and have juiced, but since Jeff opened his practice last year and I have been helping him I haven't had time to do more research on food, look up new recipes, and haven't made the time to plan ahead properly each day. And when life hits (like it has the past few weeks) I totally fall off track. Your blog has given me more info/ideas and seeing it used in real life situations during real life chaos has motivated me to just do it and stop using excuses for not staying more consistently on track. I hope you will continue this blog, but no pressure :) You keep it fun and real.

    PS-we need to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMY!!!!! Oh I am so happy to hear ALL of that!!! Yes, it can be crazy and it does take work, but you can do it :)!!!! I just went to a family reunion for two days and brought my juice, even though the rest of the day were not so good, at least I had my JUICE! You can do it :) You are amazing and give yourself plenty of grace with all of this. I have to remind myself about this everyday! You'll get better with every day! I promise!!!!

    I am going to continue the blog :) But instead of "days" it will just be random info blurbs! Stayed tuned!!!! :)

    And yes, we do need to see each other soon!!!!

    xoxo

    Nat

    ReplyDelete