Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 12-I can survive

Day 12

I can, I will survive!

Today I was busy busy busy getting everything ready to go to Spokane tomorrow.

Tonight we went to dinner, I think my mom thought she might not eat enough if I cooked her one of my meals again :) Ha ha!

So we ended up at a place called Pei Wei's.

Not to be confused with Pee Wee, like Pee Wee Herman. That's what I thought when my friend Lisa sent me a text one day and was like, "hey, do you like Pei Wei?". And well, I didn't know she was talking about a restaurant, so I said no I don't like perverts.

She was confused too cause she didn't understand I was reading it incorrectly. Needless to say it was very funny! 

So, ladies and gentlemen, I did the best I could under a very stressful situation. We were trying to eat healthy but quickly so we could get to Seven Peaks in SLC tonight before 6:30pm.

I was so stressed at the register.

I ordered to eat first their:

Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
Sliced chicken, assorted lettuce, Napa cabbage, carrots, Thai basil, tomatoes, crispy wontons, toasted sesame seeds, sesame ginger vinaigrette

I made sure to ask for no chicken...did not notice those little white buggers called "CRISPY WONTONS"

Ginger said that was something she would have not had on the salad..........DANG IT!

Ok so then I ordered these pretty little things and getting them without chicken is a CANNOT. I was annoyed.

I ate 5 of them and they are pretty freakin' good! And I ate one of the peanut sauces that came with it.


 Vietnamese Rolls
Chicken, butter lettuce, Napa cabbage, mint, carrots, scallions, peanuts, rice noodles, sweet chile sauce, lime vinaigrette, wrapped in rice paper and served with sweet chile sauce

AS a result of doing my best to avoid glutenese things and sugary things I figured I messed up in one too many areas and denied myself any chocolate tonight.

Tomorrow is a new day.

I hope this is a lesson learned. Eating out is not healthy...no matter how you alter your dish. Jordan and I rarely eat out, which I know has helped with the weight loss. No it isn't "fun" always making every single meal in mi casa, but hey it's helping the size of my butt, and well, that's a really "fun" thing!

xoxo Nat










No comments:

Post a Comment