Friday, October 19, 2012

News of the day...

Today was a good day!

Did fairly well with my symptoms and at dinner decided I had to try detoxinista's Tahini Dressing, and it DID NOT dissapoint.

But because nuts and seeds are their own category, I can't properly combine nuts and seeds with anything but raw veggies or more nuts and seeds. (saying nuts so many times makes me blush, haha)

So it was a HUGE, GINORMOUS, GARGANTUAN kind of dinner, salad...ok, dinner salad.

I'm pretty sure I used 3 smaller heads of romaine, or probably one and half of a BIG romaine head. Included in this monster of a salad was two tomatoes, half a cucumber, a lot of purple onion, 1 1/2 of a carrot, and the most dreamy, creamy, delicious salad dressing ever. I think I will be addicted to this dressing. The recipe is here.

This is Ms. Detoxinista's picture, not my own

I tried to leave some for Jordan...




















I am feeling a bit hungry, even with the chocolate I've already had, so I might be having something else as the night goes on...

But really I should just have some more water or maybe I'll make a sparkling lime drink. Oooooo yes that is exactly what I'm going to do! Yummy! Sparkling water, lime juice, stevia and LOTS of ice! Delicious!

Also, something I've started, that sounds pretty dorky, but I am enjoying it thus far is jumping on our mini trampoline. Natalia extended a challenge to "rebound" for 20 min., 3x a week until the middle of November, I think. Well, I decided to take that on along with some stretching everyday and runs when I can/feel like it. I also plan to do pushups, tri-dips, lunges, squats, and situps, every other day.

So there is my exercise routine. I have some weight to get off, especially because I wasn't too disciplined with my family in town and family pictures coming up SOON!

I just have to say how excited I am about all the physical "good" things that come from doing this cleanse. I love how firm my skin is and how much energy I get from the raw, natural food I am eating. There is true power in the foods you eat, if they are the right foods. The key is finding ways to cook these natural foods so they don't taste boring and like dirt, yes, I do think some vegetables still taste like the ground they came out of.

And lastly, my phone call today with the co packer went well. They are pretty far away so shipping could be very spendy if we are to go with them which will only make our product more expensive. Thankfully, the man was extremely nice and gave me two co packer references to call that are on the West coast, namely the Denver area and shockingly enough, one in Woods Cross (Bountiful, North Salt Lake City). Using these facilities would greatly cut down on shipping costs. So much to think about and figure out...I can do this, I can do this, I CAN DO THIS!

Night!


2 comments:

  1. That dressing looks so good! You are killing me with the small amount of info about your product, so I can't wait to hear when you can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can't wait to tell too! :)

    ReplyDelete