Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Another 30 Day Cleanse...WHAT????

What???? Am I crazy?

Well, yes, I am

:) Haha

Time to get serious. So I decided to do another 30 day cleanse of juicing till dinner for the beginning of October, but I have to confess, and I'm sure Ginger already knew (she is "joining"me on this cleanse again) that I haven't been doing it.

My grandpa died two days before the cleanse and with all the family in town, I just knew it would be REALLY hard to stick with it. Lame excuse but when people are on "vacation" they just don't want to eat healthy, ya know!

So here I am, October 17th, Day 1 of my 30 day yeast cleanse. And since I need something to keep me accountable, here I am again at my computer! And I am so glad you are joining me!

So this morning I enjoyed a big glass of water with two of my probiotic "pills" I take. Then I juiced 20+ oz of juice. That's all I'll probably make as far as juice for the day.

I'm thinking a big mug of herbal tea, soon, very soon.

Then a homemade lemonade with stevia, lemon juice, sparkling water, and ICE!

I'll probably have Kombucha before I start gnawing on some carrots or cucumber slices around 3:30 pm.

But what I'm most excited about is tonights dinner...

Barley Stew and it is truly delicious!

I'll start with a nice big salad with some avacado, tomato and maybe some purple onion with Apple Cider Vinegar and some coconut aminos as my dressing.

Then a big bowl of Barley Stew...I do love the chill in the air because of delicious soups!

And if I'm still hungry, I'm thinking some yummy sweet potato disks sprinkled with EVOO and garlic salt! Cooked at 400 degrees for mmmmmm 20 minutes.
 
And if I still want some yummy goodies some dark chocolate.
I cannot get enough of this Endangered Species brand of dark chocolate...so good! And I can eat the whole bar if I so desire!



Lastly, I want to post some things I love.

I love Sun Warrior protein powder. We make protein shakes out of this super easily digestible protein powder all the time. Now Jordan, NOT ME, mixes in all sorts of goodness, like bananas, nuts, etc! Me, I have to keep mine skinny, well, for obvious reasons, nuts aren't very "cleansing" so after the cleanse I'll enjoy them again!  We put goji berries in, Chia seeds, cacao nibs, maca powder (good for Libido), acai powder...oh my we add a lot! But these are great for lunch options NOT when I'm cleansing!

I also love Nuneutrals Stevia. AMAZING! This Fiber Plus is great in a yummy little cake detoxinista has a recipe for that is great on my cleanse!


And I'm definitely on the organics band wagon. I watched Food Inc and just about had a heart attack. So if I can afford it/priced similarly to a non organic product, I buy it. I love my gargantuan Smith's because they have a large organics/natural section and they had this ORGANIC Sauce 2 for $5 well, that is a great deal on an organic pasta sauce so I bought a FEW!





And I still buy a lot of my produce at Winco, because it is MEGA cheap and so I was perusing along when BAM I saw this amazing product! So now I feel better about not ALL my produce being organic cause if this product is doing what it says then I am at least getting the pesticides and wax off my food! LOVE IT!





Adieu till tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment