Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hungry for Change? The solution is literally in your hands.

Are you sick of being overweight?

Are you tired of being tired?

I want to share something from the book Hungry for Change.

Alejandro Junger, M.D. states the following:

          "The body has two ways of defending itself against these toxins. One is to produce mucus to coate these lipophilic, or fat-loving, chemicals so that they buffer the irritation. The second is when the body can't dissolve these chemicals, it responds by retaining or generating more fat."


Then the authors go on to say

         ""What this means, according to Jon Gabriel, is the body won't let you get rid of this excess fat because it needs these fat deposits to protect against chemicals. "As long as you're taking in more toxins than you're eliminating," he says, "your body won't let you burn fat, because burning fat will release more toxins into your body, putting strain on your liver and other organs. Before your body will let you lose weight, you have to eliminate the toxins from your body. So you have to address the fact that you're being assaulted with toxins before your body will start to let go of weight.""

This is why you can eat a certain number of calories, exercise like crazy and NOT lose one pound or stay the same.

Have I said how amazing this process is? Yes, I love cleansing. It can be tough, but once you commit and mentally know, no going back it is very enjoyable and thankfully my symptoms have been very mild this go round. I have eaten berries and some avacado some days before 3:00pm, but you know what!? Since last Wedensday I am down 4LBS! So I'm very happy about that. But remember folks, I am doing the WHOLE part to this cleansing thing, meaning liquids and juices and the E word, ENEMAS!

Tonight, again I had sushi, I am sorry for the "not so exciting" on that end of things but I will be delivering 3, yes 3 new recipes over the next 5 days, so hold on to your panties! Things are going to get VERY exciting! :)

I had a spinach salad with a tomato to start things off and then did my sushi rolls. Yummy, easy and predictable, which I need on Tuesdays, cause Jordan gets home close to 9pm!



No comments:

Post a Comment