Sunday, October 21, 2012

Curry-ious about my dinner?

Tonight I made a detox friendly curry and it did not disappoint.

While at the store I saw these delicious looking strawberries and they did not disapoint. So yes I ate the whole 1 LB of strawberries myself.

Then I went on with dinner.

I did the simple lemon and stevia packet dressing with romaine and a tomato, yummy, but make sure you put on enough stevia. There was a complaint that it was a bit too tart...

Then I adapted my Massaman curry recipe to work for being on a detox. OOOOhhhhh my so good!

It really looks like "rice"
So first and foremost I love rice and I love rice with almost anything. So when I am not detoxing, I will typcially have rice with my massaman curry. So for the rest of the family they did get their black rice with the meal, but I decided to try cauliflower rice and it was actually pretty good. Now would I replace my rice with cauliflower rice forever? NO, I will not but for now it was a great substitute. Go here for detoxinista's direction on how to make cauliflower rice. You can also try her curry but I love my curry and will not depart from it cause I love it!



My cauliflower rice


My real peanut butter used in place of a store bought oily peanut butter

Dinner cooking away




I realized half way through stuffing my face I better take a picture!
















Massaman Curry Original (substitutions in red)

2 tbsp vegetable oil                                                      2tbsp coconut oil
3tbsp massaman curry paste
1 tsp ground ginger
1 1/4 pd chicken cubed                                                Omit
3 tbsp brown sugar                                                       Use 10 to 15 drops of liquid stevia
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp tomato paste or tamarind paste
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 cups peeled cubed potatoes                                      Omit
1 (13.5oz) can coconut milk
3tbsp fresh lime juice

Heat oil. Add curry paste and ginger. Cook and stir for 2 min. Stir in chicken and cook. Stir in brown sugar, fish sauce, tamaring paste, peanut butter, pototaes, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med. Low, cover, and simmer for about 20 min. Add lime juice coook additional 5 min.

Serve over jasmine rice. ENJOY!

I add chopped carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, and peanuts, which I think make it super yummy. You might want to double sauce making ingredients if you want it runnier and more soup like. Massaman is more of a soupy curry.

 I hope you LOVE the above recipe, it is one of our families favorites! 
Also, I apologize for the lateness of my post. I met with our logo/brand designer and it was LATE when I got home and I didn't have it in me to do this post!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment