Monday, October 29, 2012

Kimchi kind of night

Well, apparantly Jordan can eat everything that is spicy, except, KIMCHI!

He spit it out tonight.

I liked it but he didn't. I'm thinking this recipe is hitting the waste bin even though I like it. Cause I ain't making any more food than I already am right NOW! :)

If you are of the Kimchi preference this recipe is good, but not for a beginner. If you've been eating raw and/or clean for at least a few months to a year, you'll dig this dish, otherwise, unfortunately, I think it might not satisfy those taste buds.

So I started the meal with the same salad as last night. Yum! While I was becoming Popeye, I cooked my "bread", red pepper and onion in a 400 degree oven for 25+ minutes. (I lost track of time between checking the oven to see if they were cooked/burning and playing with the kiddos.) The smell was amazing!

I sliced a sweet potato into 4 thin pieces. These were going to be the "bread" of my Kimchi sandwich. Next I sliced my red pepper, and chopped my yellow onion. I sprinkled all of this with sea salt and slid into that pipping hot oven!

My veggies roasting away...
Then I took out my jar of spicy Kimchi I bought at the grocery store...a great source of probiotics, a-naturale!

I layered on one slice of sweet potato red pepper, onions and healthy dose of kimchi. I made two sandwiches and I ATE BOTH OF THEM! Yummy! I had kimchi juices running down my arm...

If you are up for a food challenge, take this dish on!


And Jordan has become a little picky I say!!! But I still love him :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment