Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Does God work in your life?

Can I share something personal?

Yesterday, a lot came crashing down on me. I felt completely overwhelmed. I was tired, stressed, and feeling a lot of anxiety.

Between my kids, starting our food business, and just trying to stay on top of life and a household, I was and still am a bit burned out.

Jordan came home last night I just started crying. I quickly asked him for a blessing between the tears because I said I just can't do it ALL anymore. I'm failing in everything and I just need "something". When I don't know where to turn anymore, a blessing is something I always look forward to. (For those of you not LDS-Mormon, we believe that God has given righteous and worthy males the ability to act in God's name, giving blessings and such, it's more involved than that, but that's the gist of it) I desperately needed a blessing of comfort and peace, aside from what I was getting in my prayers and through my scriptures. I have too many plates I'm spinning and they are starting to crash around me. I didn't know a month and a half ago when I signed up to do all this I'd be trying to put a food business together.

The blessing gave me a lot peace and comfort, specifically telling me to enjoy my days and find something in each one that could bring me happiness. (My kids stress me out, and I find at times I am not enjoying them, I'm hurrying them on to the next part of the day)

So this morning, as I'm hurrying around the house putting  away laundry, getting kids dressed, unloading the dishwasher, loading the dishwasher, starting another load of laundry, finding a show for Sean to watch, changing Kenzie's poopy bum, my phone rings. I don't recognize the number, but with all the people I'm calling about our food product, I answer NO matter what the number is in case I NEED to talk to them!

Well, it's my visiting teacher. She says "Hi Natalie, Keri and I are coming over on Monday and we are doing something for you, we will fold laundry, wash your cabinets, run an errand, whatever it is we are doing it, so you better have something for us to do."

Do you know how hard it is to talk NORMAL to someone when you are almost in tears. I immediatley think to myself, how in the WORLD did she know I needed someone to come and lift my heavy burden. (Any extra time right now is spent on phone calls to copackers or working on recipes, so as you can image, my house is a disaster!)

I think to myself, Jordan. He is in BIG trouble for telling my visiting teachers I'm stressed out to the max and a mess. So I'm not totally paying attention to what she is saying cause I am still trying not to cry and a little upset at my hubby for telling on me...

So I tell her I'll find something for her and Keri to do on Monday and I hang up.

Ring, ring, ring. "Jordan! did you say something to Kelly Dykes? Did you tell her I needed help?"

Of course his answer is no. And I just start crying once again.

It was like a flashing red bulb was going off in my head...God is aware of YOU. When you ask for My help, I will help you! It was such a faith builder. It isn't everyday I so openly see God working in my life. I feel his Spirit but I haven't had anything like this is a while. I am so grateful that Kelly followed her prompting and called me. How often have I pushed aside a nudging and not done what the Spirit has told me to do.

I felt great calmness come upon me and thanked my Heavenly Father for prompting her and reminding me who is really in charge. I like to think it's me, but it ain't!

So now that I've cried for the hundredth time today while writing this. I am going to tell you all about my exciting dinner! Yummy, yummy, yummy!

I started my meal with a DELICIOUS romaine salad with shredded raw, unpasturized cow's cheese (I just can't seem to do the Goat cheese anymore since visiting the farm with the Kindergartners. Did you know the cheese smells and tastes just like the animals do at the farm? Well now you DO!) So I'm loving that cheese...oh my so good! I included a tomato and my dressing was half a lemon juiced and not quite a packet of stevia.

That is a tomato seed on her chin. She eats all my tomatoes if I don't get to them fast enough!
I love her buck teeth, sooooo funny to me for some reason!
The salad...YUM!


Dinner was a Thai soup that I got from my girl Sara who is doing this cleanse too! To stay in the flesh category I added shrimp tonight. I also made quinoa for Jordan and the kids, but they forgot about it and ate theirs with toasted whole wheat bread with butter that they dipped in their soup. YUMMY! I love Asian food so much! It is sooooo good! I hope you try it and enjoy it! Go here for the recipe. I did coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. I used veggie broth instead of chicken, and did two cans of coconut milk instead of three, and it turned out amazing! So creamy, warm, and soothing! BTW coconut anything, milk, oil, butter, or shreds is neutral, meaning you can eat it with anything. So dive into some coconut soon. Your hair, nails, and skin will thank you for giving them such an amazing fat source to use to replenish your beauty!


Next time I think I will go without the mushrooms and the shrimp. The soup tasted so good on it's own!




xoxo Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment