Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 5 Is over

Had some rather strong cravings yesterday and today. Must push forward. My strongest was for Chick fila. I couldn't tell if it was for the food, or my friends in Nashville...still deciding.(Have I mentioned how much I miss Nashville?) Not just my friends. I miss everything, the weather, the incredibly beautiful landscape, that heat, the accents, the kind and friendly people, Publix, Nashville Zoo (even though I lost Sean there, opps), the red dirt, cotton fields-have you ever seen a cotton field, you haven't lived until you see one and pick some cotton, magnolias, lightening bugs that you catch in a jar,

the storms-wowzers, the cardinals, the blue jays, the incredible homes, the diversity, the southern gentlemen and ladies, the amazing city of Franklin(probably the cutest and quaint place EVER), okra-fried, a no no I know, but oh it's so good!, historic Civil War along the roadside, driving to Huntsville and the beauty of it, and oh my gosh I could go on and on. And I won't for your sake! haha

With all of us having strep and me with a cold, I couldn't wait for today to be over. I'm going to bed soon.

I had a very yummy salad, which was nice. Maybe my taste buds are working again in that department. Just mixed greens, romaine, tomato, cucumber, yellow pepper, and red onion. I poured 1 lemon juiced over it with 1 tsp stone ground mustard and a few drops of liquid stevia.

Dinner was one of my frozen cauliflower pizza crusts. It was divine, and so easy. The kids had whole wheat spaghetti for dinner. It was an easy breezy night. Jordan has been gone all day, so I needed it easy.

I think the most important thing I have learned when doing a detox is to keep it simple for meals. I am also not experimenting as much as I did with the first 30 day cleanse. That is why I made a list of meals back on Saturday. I tried to get at least 15, so all I would have to do is plan on eating each meal twice. EASY! So doable when you approach it like that right? And, like this week, if I feel like pizza twice, so be it! It is ok on the cleanse. LOVE THAT! :)

And lastly, I have the puffiest face ever. Lack of sleep and enlarged mucus membranes in my head. It is truly lovely. I really do not ever get sick, so this is making me nuts! Back in the day, I caught every cold and sickness that came through my house. NOT any more. Rarely do I get sick, so I guess this is my once a year cold.

Wear it and take it like a champ, Nat, I say. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment