Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A few of my favorite things

I know there are many skin products out on the market and I've tried a lot. But I've never had a skin care product literally heal my skin in one night!

For example I will get a few zits, and I'll pump two squirts, maybe, onto my hands at night and rub this magic into my skin, and literally they will be gone! I love it! It's all natural, smells really good and is seriously amazing! I started using it in February and have LOVED it!  Go here to read all about it!

Secondly, I cannot say enough about taking probiotics. Whether it's Kombucha, a pill form, saurkraut or raw kefir your body needs living good bacteria to do all your dirty work. If you are constipated, you are not getting enough probiotics.

Straight off amazon.  But it is cheaper technically to buy in the store cause you can open the package and on the lid of the box is a $3 off coupon! SCORE!
I suggest taking a pill form of Garden of Life Probiotic twice a day, morning and night.

And then at night taking magnesium oxide. Magnesium oxide is safe in low doses, so don't think more is better with this product, cause it ain't! It creates water in your bowels and helps to move things along. And why isn't this great in large doses? Well, let me tell you I decided a while back if a little of this product was good a lot more would be even better (against Kimberly Snyders suggestions in her book The Beauty Detox), and I believe my backache that night and next day was because my kidneys were over taxed and every ounce of water was pulled out of my body to create water in my bowels. I learned to follow the suggested dose. haha

This is the variety I use.
I suggested this to a friend back in January, and not knowing she followed my advice for more than a week, haha, told me in April what a huge difference it had made with her constipation. She was eating a ton of fiber and still very constipated. So technically fiber is not always what pulls your poo out, especially if you are VERY backed up, which honestly, 90% of Americans are!

Kombucha, ahhhh, I love this stuff. And literally could not get enough of it today. I made a batch for myself this morning and then while at Good Earth picked me up some strawberry. Yum yum. Then came home and made some more.
And for my little Kenzie Lou, who is now on an antibiotic my efforts to help her little body come in twice a day two little pink pills. They are a chewable probiotic I usually buy it at Sprouts or Good Earth. I store them in the fridge with my probiotic. It is so good for her, especially to help keep good bacteria in her gut and to hopefully avoid a yeast infection after this round of antibiotics.

I finally felt like some juice around 2pm, which is super late for me. I'm really enjoying this cleanse because it's the first time when it's time to eat I'm hungry but not starving and crazy!

Tonights dinner was, well, not something I should have been eating. Opps. I'm a ding dong. No nuts on this cleanse and didn't realize that till tonight when I looked at the chart to post to the group. Oh well. It was properly combined but a little on the heavy side. So no more of the curry.

It was massaman curry with cauliflower rice and I had my salad before too. Yummy! And then decided it would be fun to have the family have some healthy chocolate cake. The kids LOVED it and so did I! I doubled the recipe. It is here.








No comments:

Post a Comment