Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Another victim

Yes, today I found out Kenzie has strep. This, as she was bouncing around the doctors office, jabbering to herself and us about who knows what. I said to the doctor,"I'm not sure she has it. She had one night where she felt really hot and woke up a couple times but that was it! And other than that she's pretty happy. Every so often she freaks out but she's been ok."

Apparently, strep hits kids different than adults. So now we both are on antibiotics. Man, I haven't had this much strep since college, haha! I may be revealing some things about me with that sentence.

I still had trouble swallowing today and feeling really weak. I did my WINCO run to stock up for the week.

And then what do you do when you can't take a nap cause you have two wild men running around your house? You make a diorama. I know, you wish you would have thought of that. HA!


I wish I could admit that Jace contributed more to this diorama, but really it was a mom-orama, with Jace glueing occasionally and helping to cut. He left half way through and when he came back he said, "mom, why did you finish it without me?"-Well, son, cause you took off and it's due tomorrow.

my mojito...it was a little strong on the mint. But pretty good!
AND, I realized about halfway through making this thing, that the bird is, I believe, an Eagle, instead of a Peregrine Falcon. What little kindergartners don't know WILL NOT hurt them! So, this little craft project kept my mind and hands and stomach busy.

And what do you do if you start dinner at 4:00pm(This is probably early to most people but not for me on nights I'm planning on making cauliflower pizza crust)? You get inventive with your cauliflower rice that needs to be squeezed. I actually think this is very smart.

Excuse me while I toot my horn. Toot Toot.

So the rice is smokin' hot coming out of the boiling water (duh, I know) but I need to get pizza's cooking so I had to think of something quick. And voila! Use another strainer to push the water out of the towel covered cauliflower rice and no burned hands! It worked really well. So you should try it.

Step 1. Pour boiling cauliflower rice into towel covering a strainer. Place edges of towel over cauliflower rice.
Take second strainer and put on top of toweled cauliflower rice. And push down. Again and again, until very little liquid is coming out.
This is the end result, dry, cooked cauliflower rice.
Also, if you are going to take the time to make cauliflower pizza, please, please, PLEASE, make a second one! It is so laborious and you are already doing all that work, just double it up.

Tonight I tripled it. I had one HUGE pizza for in the future, and two small ones. I ate one of the small ones and the other two were wrapped in tinfoil and put in the freezer.

You MUST try this pizza! It is so yummy!!!!

Salad with sprouts! Yum.
So I let it sit a bit long on the pan, and it got kind of mushy. so this is like a pizza omelet, or something.
So I ate my typical salad first with the kids while they ate their pizza. And the about 6:30pm, yes 4pm to 6:30pm, I finally ate my pizza. Hence why I say I got a late start tonight.

I finished my evening with some dark chocolate and a nice HOT epsom bath. I love hot baths. The hotter the better. I think it runs in my family. ;)

Night.








No comments:

Post a Comment