Saturday, November 10, 2012

A week late, but I end it with Curtis Stone, well, sort of...

SOOOOO it's been a week since I've posted. I'm so sorry. I ate properly combined it was just a crazy busy week and by the time I thought to post, it was 10:30pm and all I wanted to do was go to BED!

But tonight is my last night of my 30 day cleanse. YIPPEEE! It takes a lot of mental energy to do one of these bad boys, and I really think my body likes 140 LBS. So I'm just going to enjoy myself at this stage. If and when it's time to go lower I will. I may not. I'm quite happy where I'm at. :)

Unfortunately this hotness can't join you for this meal, but I PROMISE the food is amazing!


I want to share tonight's dinner. A few years ago there was this amazing show called Take Home Chef, with Curtis Stone. Yes, that gorgeous Aussie. Oh, how I loved that show and dreamed that I would get chosen at the grocery store...in Post Falls, Idaho. Haha, my dream never came true, but his meals truly deliver and tonight's Stir Fry has been a family hit for years!

I decided to put in chicken, but not eat any with mine and have mine with rice. SOOOOO filling and yummy.

Curtis Stone Stir Fry

3 tbsp oil (I used coconut tonight and very good)
1 small onion chopped or sliced
2 large garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 lb chicken or New York or Filet Mignon steak
1 large carrot peeled and thinly sliced
6 oz green beans
Broccoli to taste
mushrooms to taste
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sweet Chinese rice wine (Mirin) don't worry the alcohol cooks out
1 tbsp oyster sauce or fish sauce
1 cup bean sprouts-yummy but if you don't have 'em not totally necessary
1tsp toasted sesame oil

Place a large wok over a high heat. Once the wok is very hot, add 1 tbsp of oil and sworl the wok to coat with the oil. Add 1/2 of the onion, garlic and ginger to the hot wok, then immediately add 1/2 of the meat.

Stir fry for about 2 minutes or until the meat is semi-cooked to medium-rare doneness. Immediately transfer the meat mixture to a baking sheet and set aside.

Return the wok to high heat and repeat this process with 1 tbsp of oil, the onion, garlic, ginger, and meat. Working in two batches will allow the meat to sear properly and transferring the meat mixture to a baking sheet prevents it from overcooking.

Return the empty wok to high heat and add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil, and the veggies. Stir fry for about 3 minutes or until the veggies soften slightly.

Add the rice wine, soy sauce, water and oyster sauce and continue to stir fry for a further 4 minutes or until the veggies are crisp tender and the sauce reduces slightly.

Add the bean sprouts and stir fry 1 minute longer. Return the meat mixture to the wok. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until the meat is heated through and cooked.

Stir in the sesame oil and remove from the heat. Divide amongst 4 plates and serve with rice if you so choose!

Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment