Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My doings with a few recipes mixed in...

I feel like my life is on fast forward.

I am running faster than I have strength and energy.

Too much to do and not enough time to do it.

It's been a 32 oz kind of day every day this week...sheesh!
I knew this hospital mug would come in good use.


But, I got an A on my religion final. And let me tell you folks that is a big deal and a prayer answered cause I studied for only like 20 minutes before I walked in those doors at BYU and took that test. (When I write things like this it makes me feel 20 again, and then I look in the mirror. Oh yah, I ain't so young any more, for good and bad!)

So after I took my test, I went and "gleaned" again at Kim's. She is such a fun lady and we are a lot alike when it comes to gardens and being more self sufficient. I cannot wait to have a big 'ol plot of land and plant my garden, maybe a few chickens, some bees, and definitely an herb garden! ( And, yes, I know that sentence just made me sound like a 90 year old women with no teeth and an end of the world book on my night stand, which may or may not be true. The book that is!)

When I got home I washed all those veggies up, and, look at this pretty picture of vegetables. Oh, I love the smell of veggies fresh out of the earth, seriously nothing better!
Jace said this was the biggest green bean he'd ever seen. I think I had to agree. I had to watch him, he was "stealing" veggies. I found a carrot top in the garbage in the bathroom later that day. Silly kid! :)

Alright, so I have been trying and testing and tasting lots of recipes. But like I've said before, only the truly delicious make it on here. So here you go.

On Sunday morning we made Buckwheat pancakes. Ooooweeeee!!!! Were they good! We added pecans and blueberries, with butter and REAL maple syrup. My Kenzie Lou and Jace chowed them down. They were really good.
And of course, I forgot to take an actual photo of the pancakes...the rush of Sunday mornings, AHHHHHH!
TASTY BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES
from ALLRECIPES.COM

Ingredients 
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour (this is at WINCO in their bulk section with all the flours)
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond milk
3 TBSP Sunflower oil
1 TBSP Honey
1 egg, slightly beaten

Mix and make yourself some delicious pancakes!

So filling! I could eat this every day.
Then the other night, I was craving pizza something fierce. I looked on detoxinista.com for a recipe I saw during my cleanse.

http://detoxinista.com/2011/01/pizza-roasted-veggies/

Well, it did not disapoint and I've now had it two night in a row, with a salad before hand, of course!











And lastly, what do you do when life gives you kale?

You make KALE CHIPS!

Thanks to my neighbor and friend Heidi who is growing a plethera of kale right now. She dropped by a big grocery bag of kale for us! Well, what didn't get put aside to juice, has been made into kale chips.
Washed and ready to be torn apart.

I've rubbed these bad boys with EVOO, and salt. Once on the rack, I sprinkle generously with nutritional yeast. And, I just created the most delicious kale chips ever by blending soaked cashews with a red pepper, red onion, and a few seasonings. AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment