Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Third times a charm

First
I have tried Detoxinista's cauliflower pizza crust twice and both times about gaged over the sogginess of my crust.

It was so sad. I want to enjoy pizza and know it's good for me too.

That was all true, until SUNDAY! Super Bowl Sunday of all Sundays!
Detoxinista's picture...mmmmmm! So gooooooooooood!

So I've had a hunch that perhaps, in the pizza crust recipe* I wasn't squeezing enough of the liquid out and that's why it was still soggy.

Determined to make this crust work, I bought a cheese cloth and asked my main man to help in my squeezing endeavors with his big burly mooooscles. (That was a plug for Jordan, yes)

So I followed the recipe here and when it came to squeezing time, I handed everything over to the man with big hands, big muscles, and even bigger heart, haha!

Well, I cannot say enough about how truly yummy this turned out. I ate the whole thing, and didn't think twice about it.

So, go on and try this delicious idea and see if it is to your taste buds liking.

*This recipe is laborious. Start earlier than you think. I up'd the oven temp to 425 degrees to make sure it really crisped up and cooked through. Half way through I flipped it over so the other side would brown. MMMMmmmmmm so good, I think I want pizza again this week! :)

Second


This is detoxinista's pic...I ate mine all too quickly to get a photo! haha
If you want something that is so healthy for you but tastes rich and decadent? Then get ready to live. Detoxinista posted about her Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole. My kids were a little cautious but actually really liked it. It was our main course, but I'm sure those that are transitioning could have this as a side. It tastes like us Mormons Funeral Potatoes without all that awful, bad for you junk! Try it, try it, TRY IT! You won't regret it. I had a big salad with her ranch dressing that also uses goat yogurt and it was sooooooo good. Hope you like! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment