Thursday, January 17, 2013

So much to share! FAT doesn't make you FAT! What?

With my compliance to my New Years Goals I have greatly been limiting my online/facebook/blogging obsessions.

So I apologize if this is greatly over due, which it really is!

My juice fast was good, a few of the days I fasted till dinner and then ate.

Since my fast and since I've been back onto properly combined meals as best I can, I have kept off the 4 lbs since the fast which is awesome, because I usually gain some of it back once food is reintroduced.

I've been running every other day, doing Tracy's dance cardio the other days, and for two weeks been able to do her strength videos every day. (This is great, since when I first started doing her videos consistently for a week I had to take 4 days off cause I jacked up my shoulder and arm and was useless in movement. But thanks to this product called Deep Blue a neighbor gave me I was seriously healed in like 24 hours, and the muscle relaxers were nice too. I think they relaxed my brain too cause I was so out of it, and since I've never taken any illegal or prescribed drugs I have to admit I might have liked it, haha!) So for a while I was doing every other day with her strength video, but now I am back in action and doing it every day, which ROCKS! And I think I am addicted to her dance cardio video, as long as I have Pandora on. This has actually turned into a fun family thing where I turn the music up really loud and all the kids come in and dance with me! Love it! If I had just a few more minutes I really want to do an hour of it, but for the time being I am happy with the 30 minutes of dancing. Oh, you're laughing? Dance cardio? Not real cardio like running? I'd like to see you dance for 30 minutes straight...IT IS HARD!

Ok so I have discovered some great recipes that I want to share on here and some other awesome things that I hope might help others.

I discovered this one night looking through Detoxinista's blog.

Fat doesn't make you fat? What?

Yes it's true. So can you stop being afraid of oils, fats, and avocados? If you feel like an alligator, your hair is as dry as hay, or your nails are constantly breaking, you could probably use some more oil in your life, so get to it! :)   Here is the link to her blog AND this very important bit of reading.


SUNDAY

Raw Cheese Salad:

        This is my new favorite with any meat meal. Go here for the recipe and tips! I used raw cow's Cheddar cheese.

Made a roast for the family and I had a few chunks of goodness. If you want a great way to cook a roast my sister Julie has perfected the best fall apart soft roast, thanks to a few tips from her mother in law. So first, you need to buy a CHUCK roast any size will do. Put in crock pot on high, sprinkled with a packet of onion soup mix. Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours. You will think you are burning it, but you aren't. MMMmmmmmm perfection from a piece of meat. :) And yes, I still do eat meat, just not every day!

MONDAY

All Hail Kale Salad
                                   Do not even attempt to make this salad unless you have all the ingredients. It is divine and the maple glazed walnuts...oh my gosh! To die for. Try not to eat all of them in one sitting. They are very high in fat (now too many of these fats will make you gain unwanted weight, especially women, sorry!) and not very detox friendly so watch your amounts on these, ok!

Peanut Butter Shake   This is my favorite treat and since my dinner was a nut base this was totally fine to enjoy!

TUESDAY





Beauty avocado salad

Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Roasted Butternut Squash



These were just ok...maybe cause I bought them bagged? I'm not sure they were still a bit hard in the center after cooking for 45 minutes :(

These brussels sprouts were amazing! Next time I need to lower the temp a bit and shorten the cooking time. Jordan said they were a bit burned, but I loved em!

WEDNESDAY


My Big Fat Greek Salad
    After this bad boy I was so full, just enjoyed a few bits of chocolate.







And since today is Thursday, I will let you know what I ate, drank today!

So I started with some herbal tea, yummy and so nice in this frigid weather!

Then I juiced about 2 cups of juice.

Then I had komboocha, but I figured out how to make mine super tastey like Synergy brand, do you believe it! So the recipe is as follows and if anyone wants a starter mushroom please let me know, I'd be happy to share one of our baby mushrooms!

about 1/2 to 1 cup of Komboocha
2 to 3 cups of sparkling water, lots of ice too
then add whatever flavor of herbal tea you like. 

I use the following brand and pick whichever flavor I'm in the mood for. 


Stevia to taste, 5 drops or so

Mix and ENJOY! CHEAP and so good for your tummy! :)

After this I had some strawberries and an avocado.

I then made some more homemade komboocha!

Then a homemade vitamin water with lime juice

Later that afternoon I was freezing and made some Hot Chocolate.

Here is the recipe:

2 cups almond milk (DO NOT buy the prepackaged shelf stable almond milk at Costco, it is disgusting)

2 tsp cacao powder

Stevia to taste

Warm, do not let boil. Drink in a big mug with your favorite book, today mine was Mockingjay! :)
 This recipe is courtesy Kimberly Snyder.

I was sooooo satisfied till dinner and then I had the following!

THURSDAY

Cheese Salad
       The dressing on this is from detoxinista and truly amazing, and totally fat free and low in calories, for those of you still not convinced of this whole not counting calories thing!

 Here it is:

 Juice of one lemon
1 tbsp of whole ground mustard
1 garlic clove minced or mashed or grated
ginger grated to taste
a few drops of stevia

 Place in a Tupperware and shake and pour over salad! DIVINE!

Eggs in Spicy Matbucha Sauce (Shakshuka)

    THIS WAS HOT! Jordan was even surprised I was eating it cause it was warm for him and he can tolerate some heat! :) SOOOOOO beware, next time I'll half the jalapeno and the cayenne pepper!

Also, these recipes were from the Fresh Energy Cookbook by Natalia Rose and Doris Choi. It's awesome!

I then had a few pieces of chocolate, like three squares. I need to let you know depending on how well I do each day I gauge my chocolate intake at night. My sister thought I was eating a whole bar of chocolate every day...only if my eating is perfect and my juicing till dinner is perfect then I allow myself if I feel like it, but I have definitely grown since my first cleanse, so I am not as ravenous.

Enjoy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment